I found this recipe on one of my favorite blogs, Sip Savour Share. The blogger, Sophie, and I share the same love for Italian foodso I love making her recipes! This tomato sauce only takes about 30- 40 minutes and always tastes so fresh (because of all the natural ingredients). Not only is it delicious but it’s super healthy. I usually make a double batch every few weeks and use the sauce on several things during the week: mostly pasta and quinoa.
Here is the recipe, via Sip Savour Share:
Quick & Easy Tomato Sauce
Serves 2 as a main, 4 as a side
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp onions, minced
1 garlic clove, smashed
salt to taste
1 pint of tomatoes, chopped (don’t worry about this being perfect – it’s all about speed)
1 small pinch of red pepper flakes
1 tsp of butter
small handful of basil, sliced
grated parmesan to serve
1) Heat olive oil over medium heat. When hot, add garlic and onions and sauté until translucent. Add a pinch of salt.
2) Add chopped tomatoes. Bring to a rolling simmer, then reduce to slowly simmer.
3) After about 20 minutes, taste and season as required. Add red pepper flakes.
4) When sauce tastes ready, add butter and half of the basil. Stir.
5) Serve with the rest of the basil and parmesan.
6) Toss with fresh linguine, or any type of pasta.